A selection of routes to make the most of Belfast...
Belfast Scenic City 10k Tour
This shows many of Belfast City's main landmarks, with an easy to follow long loop. Best done during the day light to appreciate sites, although the whole route would be well lit at night:
- Start Ormeau Avenue (beside Fire Station), head directly through Gasworks towards the River
- Keep river on LHS for 2km, then straight across Stranmillis Roundabout (Motorway Sign)
- 1km later, at T-junction at bottom of hill turn Right (onto Malone Road)
- Stay on road for 2km, go down Dublin Road (one way traffic towards you, pass Cinema)
- Pass City Hall, take main shopping thoroughfare & follow round (past Belfast Central Library)
- Come past University of Ulster, St. Anne's Square (behind Cathedral) and Hill Street (cobbles)
- Go left towards River (past Custom House Square) run along river until reach Waterfront Hall
- Go to front of Waterfront Hall, cross road and go past St. George's Market & onto Cromac Street
- Return to Ormeau Avenue (Fire Station), having past most of city centre sites & ran embankment
Gasworks; Embankment; Stranmillis College; Queen's University Belfast; Ulster Bank/Shaftsbury Square; Dublin Road (Golden Mile); City Hall, Royal Avenue; Belfast Central Library; University of Ulster; St. Anne's Cathedral; St. Anne's Square; Hill Street (Cathedral Quarter); Merchant Hotel; Custom House Square; Donegall Quay; Waterfront Hall, St. George's Market.
- Possible to make separate shortened 4km (City) and 7km (River/Malone) versions
- Could continue back along river from Waterfront all the way back to Gasworks
Belfast City Falls & Shankill 11k Tour
A tour of the famous Falls & Shankill Roads, each road depicting its own distinctive cultural backgrounds, notably through a variety of murals. You'll also get a great view of the Belfast Hills and run along the Springmartin Peacewall. This route has a few hills, but is a great way to see the West of the city.
Belfast City East 11km Tour
Starting along the river, and around Ormeau Park you'll pass Ravenhill home of Ulster Rugby. Onwards along Grand Parade (wide boulevard); you'll transcend the Upper Newtownards, past Connswater and onto the Lower Newtownards Road within sight of the shipyards and the Freedom Corner murals.