Welcome to the Falcons
Falcons is a new group aimed at getting people out running. So why not come along get fit and have fun. This is the first inclusive running group in Belfast and is part of our #RunningForAll programme. Falcons started in October 2016, with a 10 week pilot programme and will kick-off again in January 2017. We train 8-9am on Saturday mornings at Ormeau Park, and meet at the parkrun start sign (beside Ozone car-park).
Falcons is for people who want to get outside and become more active. It is open to, but not exclusively to, adults with an intellectual disability. We want to give everyone the opportunity to run and have fun doing so. Parents/Family members are welcome to come along and become involved whether through running, walking or both. Even if you don't know someone with an intellectual disability, you are still very welcome and will still get expert coaching.
We would like to put in at least one relay team into the Belfast City Marathon (1st May 2017) and have people complete 5k (e.g. parkrun) in 2017. We're keen to help people run whatever their dream goal is (1km, 10km, Half-Marathon, whatever). Falcons will be led by Liam McGarry (Coach at Belfast Running Club), with volunteers from Belfast Running Club & UUJ. More information is contained below the registration form (scan on down).
Falcons has a limited number of spaces, so please register early If you are interested in taking part. A waiting list will be set-up once we have reached capacity. To register please fill in the form below.
*** All participants must be over 18 and must register in advance.***
Meet at the parkrun start/finish sign beside the Ozone car-park
Contact: Liam on 0775380377 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
Belfast Falcons welcomes interest from volunteer runners. You don't have to be at every session, and don't need coaching experience (although brilliant if you have it). If interested, please contact Liam via email@example.com
Check out the answers to the JogBelfast FAQs. As a quick recap:
- All participants must register online in advance. Participants can not just turn up on the day.
- Registrants will get an email to confirm their registration and will be updated by email throughout the programme period. If you have any queries please call/email Liam
- Free parking is available at the Ozone Centre (access via Ormeau Embankment), and family members/carers are welcome to get involved
- All sessions will take place outdoors, so participants are asked to dress appropriately for the conditions and to bring a bottle of water (no energy drinks allowed).
- Sessions will initially last between 30-60 mins
- Ormeau Park is an open park area that is open to the public (including dog walkers) during the sessions. We have run several JogBelfast and Club training programmes in Ormeau Park before and this has not been an issue but we will review this as we go along.
- All participants and carers must comply with coaches instructions and codes of conduct at all time
- We hope to provide an information session during the programme to learn from participants and carers; and inform everyone of future plans. We also hope to have some form of graduation/celebration at the end of the programme, with details confirmed nearer the time.
- In time this programme may become part of the official JogBelfast programme but that is not the case at the moment. We will gladly help signpost people to local running programmes, groups, clubs, races and events where appropriate
- We're looking forward to the programme and hope that you enjoy it too!